CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Answers

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree with your comments about the draw backs of womanhood! Shaving...bras...veins...andthe uterus issues!!! Yes, ain't it great being a girl!
Aimee asked what i would do differently when raising kids...if I could do it all over again...
Good question. I can answer that ONLY because I am older and wiser and I'm not raising any children any more! First of all I would take more seriously the admonition from the Prophets to have family prayer, scripture study and FHE. We did this...but I would be more consistant. I totally believe that this helps put ALL things in the proper perspective. I remember one year when my kids were really little that we did not go to the park all summer long. Oh, my laundry was done and the house was clean and my church calling fulfilled.etc. etc....but we never had 'time' to go to the park. I have felt guilty about this...forever. I think even these kinds of things are helped by doing the "big 3" things first.
So...to all you young moms out there remember that when you do things in 'wisdom and order' that 'great things will be brought to pass'.

4 comments:

mjs ashworth said...

Thanks for the important reminder of what it's really all about! I think I turned out okay even if I missed a whole summer of park days! I love you thanks for being the BOMB MOM!

Momzoo said...

Thank you! I knew you would have some great insight. I think we learn the most by learning from others.

I have to let you know, I took my kids to the park today, even thought my "cleaning" (today is my deep cleaning day) wasn't done, and it was so worth it!

Matt and Abby said...

Thank you for the great reminder! Also, you are a wonderful mom, I always find myself thinking what would my mom do in this situation. You are incredible and I think we had just as much fun scrubbing the garbage cans as we would have had the park!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you make a really good point here (even though I am not LDS). Thank you for sharing.

Thanks for commenting on my blog too!

Kate